Depute Head Teacher
Miss M. Elkin
Early Years Team Leader
Mrs K. Lyons
Early Years Workers
Mrs S. Logan (currently on maternity leave)
Miss C. Geddes
Miss A. Ford
Mrs L. McKay
Miss Y. Graham (M,T,W,Th)
Mrs E. MacKenzie (W(pm), Th,F)
Early Years Support Worker
Mrs N. Watt
*Please note: all members of staff working in this ELC have undertaken disclosure
Session Time: 8.50am – 2.50pm
We are able to offer a service to children aged 3 – 5 years.
ELC refers to Early Learning and Childcare (formerly known as Nursery)
Drop-Off Arrangements as of April 2022
- Parents/Carers will enter the foyer to sign children in
- Children will collect their name from the 'team' chart and will use this to choose their lunch for the day (placing it on the Lunch Display on the door beside the cloakroom)
- As children do not require to change in the mornings due to our Daily Woodlands Play, parents and carers will simply direct them into the Playroom. Please then exit as soon as possible to avoid any congestion in the foyer
Pick-Up Arrangements as of April 2022
- Parents/Carers will enter the foyer to sign children out
- Children can be collected from their teams in the Playroom by parents/carers (please sanitise your hands on entering the playroom using the sanitiser on the wall)
- There will be no need to change shoes or put jackets on as the children will be 'ready to go'
- Please note, where masks are not compulsory, these are still recommended within the school building, many thanks.
We ask parents to complete forms for the following:
- An emergency contact number in case your child becomes unwell. Germs spread quickly in the ELC, so if your child is sick, please keep them at home and phone the school office to let them know. Please update this in the event your number changes during the year.
- Medical information, including dietary requirements and/or allergies. Please remember to tell us of any changes throughout the year.
- Consent for outings. We go out in little groups for the occasional walk, these are always well supervised. If we are going on a major day out, you will be notified. We will probably need your help!
- Consent to allow us to photograph or video your child in the course of their learning.
Our Main Aims are:
- To create a safe and stimulating environment in which every child feels secure, valued, confident and challenged.
- To actively engage our children by creating learning opportunities which encourage exploration, appreciation and respect his/her environment both indoors and out.
- To support children in discussion, planning and evaluation of their own learning experience and resources.
- To facilitate partnership working with parents/carers to develop the needs of every child and the ongoing work of our ELC.
We operate a no smoking policy in the grounds of in line with South Lanarkshire Council Lanark Primary School & Early Learning and Childcare Setting.