We include a standing item in each month’s newsletter, detailing some of our School Improvement Work. This month, we would like to share some of the work carried out by our Pupil Leadership Teams (PLTs).
We have had a range of class and 'across class' PLTs this session. Learners have worked together on a number of important issues whilst developing their Teamwork, Communication and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Room 1 have worked together to make instructional videos to show the other classes how they can use Yoga as a relaxation technique.
- Room 2 have led our Emotion Works developments, sharing ideas for how the Cogs can be used across the ELC and school.
- Room 3 have led our French work- sharing a French Phrase of the Week at our assemblies as well as displaying ideas in French around the school.
- Room 4 have been our super signers, sharing the BSL signs each week at assembly.
- Room 5 have worked together to share how we can help others by buying Fairtrade products. They shared their learning at a class showcase and ensured that the school retains its FairActive Award.
- Room 6 have led on our Developing the Young Workforce Keyskills, sharing how these can be supported across our learning experiences.
- Room 7 have been our Sports Leaders this session, helping to arrange and lead a number of sporting activities
- Room 8 have continued with the great work from last year which helped us gain our Reading Schools Silver Award. They have been putting the finishing touches to the Reading Schools- Gold Award application. Good luck!
- Room 9 have led on our Digital Schools work, including helping younger learners with their ICT, organising and checking digital resources and beginning the Digital Schools application process.
- Room 10 have led on our Equalities work, this year raising Autism Awareness as well as helping to challenge Sectarianism through the Nil By Mouth Project.
There have also been a number of PLTs which have had members from across our classes working together. These have included the ECO, Gardening, Junior Road Safety Officers, Kindness Council, St. Andrew's Ambassadors, School Improvement and of course our House and Vice-House Captains!
Well done to all our pupils for their hard work across the session!